Monday, May 11, 2009

Mud Bowl Highway Patrol

My soccer buddies
With all this rain we've been getting, it was pretty sloshy for soccer today - it was perfect for soccer today! All the "slip" tackles were hilarious to watch. I slipped and fell several times myself, and then one of the girls painted mean streaks under our eyes. We were having so much fun, I was ready to play till it was too dark to see the ball. Unfortunately, I had forgotten about a previous engagement that I was already late for. I hopped in my car and roared off. Several miles out of town, the highway patrol got me. As the officer walked up to my car, my little brain was racing, "How can I get out of this one?! Maybe I can start crying...do they really fall for that?...There's no time to work tears up anyway...Think! Think!...Should I try to explain?...They never give you a chance to explain!....Ahhh, here he is." He took one look at me and said, "Whachya got mud all over you for!?!" I got off with just a warning.

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

There is a way to NOT be stopped by the Highway Patrol.

Anonymous said...

You didn't say, "I just robbed a bank!"

Bo

Jesse Baggett said...

Yeah, "I just dug a tunnel and escaped from prison!"

MezzoCO said...

DUDE! that is awesome.

Buck said...

I don't think the mud trick would work for me. Just sayin'.

Jesse Baggett said...

That's a really funny thought, Buck! Never know tell you try :)